What to Bring
As you pack, don't forget that you're packing for two! Here is a list of items you may want to bring along to make your stay more comfortable.
- A nightgown or big shirt to wear during labor, although a hospital gown will be provided
- A few nightgowns, pajamas or T-shirts, and sweat pants (breastfeeding mothers might find loose-fitting T-shirts or nursing gowns most comfortable)
- A robe
- Several pairs of underpants
- Large, self-adhesive sanitary pads (the hospital will provide them, but you may prefer your own)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Any other toiletries, cosmetics, or hairstyling equipment you want
- Phone numbers for people you want to call
- Clothes to wear home (be sure they are loose fitting)
- Aromatherapy items (nothing requiring fire)
- Music and music player
For Your Baby
Memorial Family Care Birthing Centers provide the basics for newborns during their hospital stay: a knit cap, an undershirt, diapers, and blankets.
When it comes time to take the baby home, the baby will need his/her own things.
- Baby Book (to have delivery footprints, have staff sign)
- A receiving blanket
- Clothes to wear home, including an undershirt, cap, and socks
- Burp cloth
- Bunting or a warm blanket if it's cold outside
- A car seat